Picture taken on March 31, 2013 From left to right: Wei, Xiulei, Clem, Zhenyu, Bao, Xingfeng
We work on new chemistries, advanced materials and innovative methodologies for energy storage and conversion. We draw upon different synthetic methods and multi-disciplinary preparation techniques for assembling multi-functional materials for electrochemical purposes. We try to understand and control interface/interphase properties between electrolytes and electrodes. We apply electrochemical principles for energy materials and devices. We focus on energy density, charge time, durability, and safety for energy devices.
- May 8, 13, Dr. Ji has been selected to participate in the Cottrell Scholars Collaborative (CSC) New Faculty Workshop in Washington DC in July 2013. This workshop is sponsored by the Research Corporation for Science Advancement. Congrats!
- March 28, 13, Dr. Ji, as a Co-PI, won the ARPA-E Award on the project of " Low Cost Sodium-Ion Battery to Enable Grid Scale Energy Storage: Prussian Blue-Derived Cathode and Complete Battery Integration". Go Beavs!
- March 15, 13, Dr. Ji, as a Co-PI, won the ARPA-E Award on the project of "High Power Capacitors Boosted by Both Anolyte and Catholyte". Congratulations, Ji group!
- March 11, 13, Dr. Bao Wang arrived at OSU to work as a postdoctoral scholar. Bao, we are excited to have you here! Welcome!
- Jan. 29, 13, Erica Nuth and Calep just joined our group as undergraduate researhers. Welcome you both, Erica and Calep!
- Nov. 12, 12, Mr. Chris Heron joined our group! Chris is a sophomore student in chemistry. Welcome, Chris!
- Oct. 17, 12, Our brand new glovebox and electrochemistry workstation are both ready to run! Well done!
- Oct. 15, 12, Mr. Colin Meyers joined us! Colin is a senior undergraduate student major in Chemical Engineering, Colin is very passionate in future batteries.
- Oct. 11, 12, Mr. Clement Bommier, first year graduate student, joined the group! Welcome on Board, Clement!
- Oct. 11, 12, Mr. Michael Imhoff, junior undergraduate student major in Chemical Engineering, joined the group! Welcome to the group, Mike!
- Oct. 8, 12, Dr. Ji gave a research seminar at Willamette University.
- Sep. 26, 12, PhD student, Mr. Xingfeng Wang arrived at Corvallis. Welcome to the group, Xingfeng!
- Sep. 25, 12, Dr. Wei Luo arrived at Corvallis. He works as a postdoctoral scholar in the group. Wei obtained his PhD from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China. Welcome, Wei!
- Sep. 5th 12, PhD student Mr. Zhenyu Xing arrived at Corvallis. Welcome Zhenyu!
- Aug. 1st, 12, Dr. Ji arrives at Corvallis.